National Public and Patient Involvement in Research Conference May 6 2020 is going online
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are moving our conference online. We look forward to re-connecting with the extensive and very loyal PPI community that has grown since our first conference in 2016. It will be different, we will miss meeting you face to face, but we are so looking forward to meeting you all online.
The conferece is jointly organised by the HRB Primary Care CTNI and PPI Ignite @ NUI Galway.
What will be the same?
The conference will:
- Provide an opportunity to researchers, patients, carers, members of the public and healthcare professionals to learn and to reflect on their own PPI practice
- Shine a spot light on some outstanding examples of impactful partnerships between public/patients and research teams
- Will be thought-provoking and diverse, with an emphasis on discussion and debate from attendees
- Be recorded and all sessions will be available online after the conference
- Be organised to the very best of our ability
What will be different?
Like all of our lives now, there will be a number of changes:
- Registration is free for all – but please register on Eventbrite to attend
- You will need a suitable broadband and a computer with a working sound system
- Questions and discussions will be possible but will be more limited
- Networking with leading PPI contributors and influencers will be different – but we will do our best
- We may have challenges with the technology on the day – bear with us!
- Technical support: Please join some test runs we will organise the week before the conference, we will help you to test out your technology
- You will have to bring your own coffee and scones!
2020 Theme: PPI across the lifecourse
The conference focuses on the involvement of people at different stages of the lifecourse, from children and young people to adults of all ages. Click here to view the Conference Programme.
The conference will shine a spot light on some outstanding examples of impactful partnerships between public/patients and research teams and will be thought-provoking and diverse. The conference focuses the involvement people at different stages of the lifecourse, from children and young people to adults of all ages.
Welcome to public and patients
We warmly invite members of the public, patients, and carers to tune into the fifth national Public and Patient Involvement (PPI) in Research conference. Indeed the strong support and enthusiasm from our PPI groups during March to move the conference online was the key factor in the making the decision to do so – a good example of shared decision making!
We planned that our conference would meet the Patients Included™ charter but clearly, our PPI Conference Bursaries open to the public, patients or carers to cover travel expenses are no longer relevant!