HRB Primary Care CTNI Training Awards
Aim of the scheme:
- To increase the knowledge base nationally, with respect to primary care clinical trials and help improve the design, conduct and dissemination of high-quality randomised trials being conducted in Ireland
This scheme creates an opportunity for
- Research teams to apply for funding to host primary care clinical trial-related training events in Ireland
- Individuals to receive trial specific training nationally or internationally
The specific objectives of the HRB Primary Care CTNI Training Funding Scheme are to:
- Build capacity and knowledge in primary care clinical trial research nationally;
- Create opportunities for strategic national and international collaboration through networking with recognised leaders in these areas;
- Position Ireland as a leader in primary care clinical trials.
This scheme will help fund (or part-fund) any training event format, as long as the topic is relevant to primary care clinical trials such as:
- Workshops / seminars
- Summer / Winter schools
- Primary care trial methodology
Subject to capacity and interest, these events can be made available to a wider audience nationally, using the core network organisational supports; such as online registration management, online hosting and online promotion of activities.
It will also fund individuals to attend relevant primary care trial training nationally or internationally.
- Up to €3,000 per event to cover costs associated with organising and delivering the event, including travel of international speakers to Ireland.
- Up to €2,000 per person to attend trial-specific training conferences nationally and internationally.
The scheme will not fund
- Current HRB-funded researchers who hold a budget line in an existing grant for the same workshops or conferences as part of dissemination;
- Drinks receptions;
- Development of new educational materials;
- Development of an outreach campaign using media such as television, radio or print;
- Placement/exchange visits for key personnel;
- Promotional tools such as information brochures, plain language summaries, newsletters or policy briefs.
- Any proposed hosted training event must be held on the island of Ireland.
- Training events must be relevant to primary care clinical trials.
- Completed applications must address all assessment criteria identified.
Application and assessment process, and criteria
Applicants should complete and submit the short application form on the following pages, plus a one page CV of lead applicant, to the HRB Primary Care CTNI via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
This call is a rolling call and applications are considered throughout the year, subject to annual funding commitment availability. The HRB Primary Care CTNI will commit to a maximum of €10,000 awards annually for two years through this call (i.e. a total of €20,000 over the two years).
Please submit your application at least 8 weeks in advance of your event.
[Note: Research teams wishing to apply for funding in excess of €3,000, should contact the HRB Primary Care CTNI Development Officer by email at email@example.com to express interest]
All applications submitted will undergo an initial eligibility check and will then be subject to a HRB Primary Care CTNI led review process, based on the criteria outlined below.
Part A (70% of the score)
- Relevance of training to primary care clinical trials;
- Identified a clear gap in training in this area;
Part B (30% of score)
- Appropriate programme and budget
- The budget requested must reflect the scale and nature of the proposed activities
Download: Application Form